Joseph Oberlander

Default P/review of Jupiter Audio Europa speakers pt.1

Langis wrote:

egregious offender). But this isn't Quad bass. Sorry. It just doesn't
quite approach the richness and "palpability", to use a well-worn
catchword, that I remember from Quads.

Are you saying the speakers are lean within the frequency range they
cover, or that in your opinion they are lean simply because they lack
bass extension?

I read it as saying that the bass was clean, but thin as far as
impact/dynamics.

objectionable as other speakers I've heard in the past. This might be
considered an indicator of the basic "accuracy" of the speaker as it
certainly doesn't cover up that flaw. Nor does it blow it out of
proportion.

Again, this isn't clear. Is this a reflection of the source material,
or a characteristic the speaker imparts on the sound.

My speakers exhibit none of this. OTOH, they don't have a ribbon
tweeter. Go figure.

Is "the sense of air" is a characteristic the speaker imparts to the
music, or is it that the speaker reproduces upper frequencies with
revealing accurately. In other words, is this "sense of air"
reproduced across the board, or only when it's present in the source
material.

And this is why I hate reading audio reviews. Give me a graph or
two and speak english.