trotsky

Default P/review of Jupiter Audio Europa speakers pt.1

dave weil wrote:

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:40:53 GMT, trotsky wrote:

dave weil wrote:

So, I've had Mr. Singh's speakers now for over a week now and I'm
prepared to pass along my impressions of the speakers.

First of all, some background.

dave, great review pt. 1! There are a couple of points I'd like to
provide some rebuttal on, but I'll wait till you're done with part 2.
For the most part I'd say your review is very even-handed--God knows I'd
complain if I had reason to.

I assumed some rebuttal.

The biggest problem with a non-techie like me doing a review like this
is finding the language to describe the qualities that he or she is
hearing (the ole problem with language). Sometimes it causes one to
write things that seem contradictory. Hopefully it didn't sound like
doubletalk.

What I found is that it's far easier to recognize and categorize sonic
differences in your own mind than it is to verbalize them. I dislike
the job done by most audio reviewers, but you still have to give them
credit for trying to put these things into words.