EC

OK... I figure if you're lucky enough to FIND a ST70 on the street (!),
you should make up for your incredible good fortune by getting on eBay
and buying half decent tester. If you're going to be "into" tubes,
you'll need one in the end anyrate. Nothin' too hi-end required, just
one to find the bad tubes and give you a rough idea how "tired" they are.

If the ST70 works, and was so far free, you might just want to spring
for a complete new set of tubes. A lot of people will tell you vintage
tubes are best (especially small signal tubes), but the new power tubes
are also excellent.

"Matt Feifarek" wrote in message
Hello R.A.T experts.

I have found a Dynaco ST70 on the street, and have cleaned the rust
off

and
plugged it in. It works, but I'd like to take the next step and have
the tubes tested.

I can't seem to find a shop in NYC (preferably downtown Manhattan)
that

will
do this for me. I've got one repair shop that will only do it as a
part of

repair, with a $125 minimum for estimate!

Can anyone recommend a good shop, or just an expert who may be
willing to test my tubes for a little money or beer?

Please respond via email as well, as my news feed has been dodgy.

Thanks!