Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default New year's resolution

On Jan 1, 11:58*am, Andre Jute wrote:

Bunch-O-self-serving crap.

Andre, with all due respect, write for yourself and drop the "we".
Y'ain't nohow royalty, nor are you in any sort of sufficiently
exhalted condition as your words require or deserve it.

As to 'explaining subtle and complicated things' - please let me know
when you make such an attempt I would be fascinated to see you
actually do so after the twaddle, drivel and pretty much dangerous
crap you have peddled in the past.

Entry level: Try some vintage stuff. Dynaco or Eico springs to mind.
Scott or Fisher or Sherwood for tuners and the like. Stuff that is
extremely well-supported in the literature and the hobby and stuff
that serves as excellent test beds for modifications and changes. One
may learn a great deal from established designs modified a step at a
time - established designs don't burn controls, for example.

There really isn't a whole lot complicated about tubes. What they are
and what they do has been established since about 1920, with growth &
progress being evolutionary for a very few more years, then pretty
much incremental after that. And their actions are about as subtle as
a Caterpillar D9 High-Wheel http://centralpt.com/customer/image_...9R%20Large.jpg
Why do you attempt to mystify something that isn't? This is a hobby,
not a cabal, open to pretty much anyone, not just those with a
purported $1,000,000 education.

Lastly, the difference between you and Iverson is that he actually
works with tubes, apparently on a daily basis. When is the last time
you actually did something - anything - with tubes? 5 years ago? 15?
25?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA