Jim Gregory

Heard Heybrooks and Harbeths over 10 years ago when visiting an enthusiast's
house, and they all sounded mellow and, dare I say, bass-accurate, but we
were actually *listening* to classical music on vinyl and DAT, and I did
not, for once, get distracted by - and make allowances for - the hardware
brands, and I knew this demonstrator hated any exaggerated, flamboyant,
extrovert equalisation [or curve-wrecking].

I know the Heybrooks were not the model HB3, by comparison those were
definitely smaller and on pin-point supports half-way up the corner walls
(of a smallish room).
The Harbeths in another lounge were as good a pair with which to appreciate
the recorded material amplified also amped via a Quad 405.
On reflection after I left, I felt they had sounded good enough to make me
feel jealous of that humble person's money-well-spent setups.
Jim