Bob Cain

Randy Yates wrote:

Bob Cain writes:

Ben Bradley wrote:

fd = f*c/(c + v),

Randy, that equation is only defined for a static v.

So if you start changing v, the doppler effect stops until you
leave v alone for a while? How does the doppler effect know to stop
and start up again?

C'mon, Ben. Where did I imply that it stops and starts?

When you stated

Randy, that equation is only defined for a static v.

I had the same impression as Ben.

Ah, I see. The word "valid" would have been much clearer
than "defined" then. A point to remember, thanks.

I hope it's clear now that I don't mean that the effect
stops, but rather that the common equation describing it
stops being the correct one.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein