Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Delay between room and spot mics

In article ,
Tom McCreadie wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

Slide the tracks and adjust by ear. You will hear it when it pops into
place.

When sliding tracks, I find it easier to home in on the registration
point if I mono the mains and route it to one headphone channel, while
the similar level spot is routed to the other ear. Adjustment is akin to
manually focusing a camera: you typically have to first go beyond the
synch point and ease back again. I'd then confirm with the cans reversed
on my head.

But of course precise time registration of the spot may not give the
optimum audio result.

Makes you wonder how anything sounded decent in analogue days. ;-)

--
*Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.