David Curtis

Mark wrote:
I should have added, that my point is that you have to drive the
xformer with a z similar to what the mic capsule provides to make an
accuracte measuremnt. This is not easy to do since the Z of the

ribbon
probably changes with frequency as it is also a coil. THe Z of the
ribbon may be very low at low frequencies and therefore the low freq
rollof that you measure may not realy happen when the xformer is

driven
by the ribbon.

By the way, I should also have added I really applaud you for making
measurmets instead of just posint something like" the mic really had

heavy solid sound to it after I made the change". Thanks

Thanks, Mark. I thought it was worth a try, but I'd like to eliminate
as many shortcomings as I can from the test setup. Bad measurements
aren't worth a whole lot more than the "really solid, phat sound"
approach. Maybe I could measure the impedance of the ribbon at the
various test frequencies (probably not easy to do accurately), and then
try to reproduce those impedances with the drive amp.

--Da5id