Richard Freeman

Default Phantom Power Filtering (removal of phantom power)...

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Chris Breitner" wrote in message
Hey Everyone. I can't seem to find the answer and/or product to
satisfy my needs: a phantom power filter/remover.

I have a ribbon mic I'd like to gig with, and the PA systems we use
normally plug into have an all-channels-on/off for the phantom power.
Our vocalist uses a condenser mic, so she needs it on. If the phantom
power hits my ribbon mic, it might permanently damage the ribbon
element.

Does anyone know of a DIY homebrew solution?

Measure the resistance from pin 2 and 3 to pin 1 using an ohm meter with
limited current, such as a good DVM.. If it is infinity, you don't have a
problem, and then stop worrying.

Of course it could have a Transformer isolated output in which case he could
read a near short and still not have to worry ....