Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

wrote in message

American wiring plus wooden houses... jeez.

All things considered it works very well, at a cost in copper.

My estimated death rate in the UK due to all fires was about 0.8 per
100,000 in the last year for which I have reports, and was (2006) and 0.96
in the US (2007)

I have not yet been able to get an exact comparison of death rate due to
structure fires in the same year but US homes are not the death traps that
seems to be suggested above.

US's death rate due to structure fires continues to be declining rapidly for
new buildings every year, of which we are still building quite a few. The UK
is also enjoying improvements in this area, but with slower rates of
improvement and probably lower rates of new construction. Both the UK and
the US show disappointing results for structures built in the 1950s and
1960s.