Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
David Looser David Looser is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 17:52:56 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

There is no fixed number. It depends on the floor plan of the house.
The only dedicated outlets are for refigerators, freezers, dryers and
electric stoves.

Think I prefer our system where all of these can be used on any outlet in
the house. Although fixed heating would normally have an individual radial
circuit. As would water heating.

Back in the olden days there was always a cooker spur rated at 30
amps. That came straight from the fuse board to the cooker, which was
wired into the wall plate without a socket.

Wad'y mean "back in the olden days"? That's the same now, except that the
radial circuit for the cooker would be rated at 45A.

Everything else was ring. On each floor you'd have a separate ring for
the sockets and lights.

Lights on a ring? never met that one. There's nothing in BS7671 to suggest
putting lights on a ring (though to be fair there's nothing to forbid it
either). What BS7671 does now require is the lights and power on any one
floor are not served by the same RCD.

David.