Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Default what tube tester for a new guy?

Peter Wieck wrote:

***
Carriage Costs - yeah.

All of the British Isles including Ireland (80,823 sq.mi.
(209,331
km2)) would fit inside Kansas (82,282 sq.mi. (213,110
km2)). Our 15th
largest state.

***

The other day I was standing on top of Cross Fell, one of
England's highest peaks at, ahem, 3000ft or so, and it
seemed I could see coast-to-coast, although to the East the
horizon was a tad too grimy to be certain. It looks pretty
much exactly the right size.

The whole of Britain could probably fit into an American
open-cast coal mine and, if we were an American State, the
Northern counties would probably be just that.

We're not envious, but we do have extraordinarily high
transport costs.

Ian