WillStG

Klay Anderson wrote:
Mr. Customer just broght a DAT to to be mastered; Mr. ****head Engineer only
recorded the left channel of the live performance. (Whatsa meter?)

So, in the old days I'd play a mono track through a Bedini BASE box and that
worked pretty well for fake stereo; but I sold mine years back. There doesn't
seem to be a lot of plugins that generate stereo from a mono track available.
Any ideas?

Mono good - fake stereo is generally irritating to me for some
reason. But sometimes for effect I might use an aux send to an
eq/filter to a reverb, and add a touch of bandwidth limited stereo
ambience. You could also try auxing to a multi band limiter set as a
filter (like say a Waves C4 plugin), to a stereo pitch shifted delay,
and return the stereo delays only into a stereo reverb.

Will Miho
NY Music/Live Sound and TV/Audio Post Guy