Wessel Dirksen

Default Advice for grounded grid input stage

Hi RATs,

I'm considering a grounded grid stage as the first input stage in my
continuating first power amp project. Considering that my soundcards
(Lynx 2 and Terratec EWX-24/96) both have low output impedances (100
and 200 ohm resp), it seems that this would be possible from a load
perspective. I am considering a rather high gain config with a 12AU7
that according to my calculations should yield an input load of about
1.4K. So a few questions:

1)Seems like a reasonable impedance matching for soundcards but will
this also be compatible for other pre-amps ect?
2)I believe that the input would see the low DC bias voltage of a few
volts. Can I direct couple this without the soundcard getting unhappy,
or would a soundcard need to be shielded from this small voltage?
3)I want to run feedback to this stage. It seems to me that you could
maybe put a small resistance between the grid and ground and put the
feedback between them. Is this possible?

Thanks. I'm coming along in this tube stuff. Lots of fun.

Wessel