Arny Krueger

The prerequisite perenial dumasses personal attack:

The Krouchebagg's logical flaw on this one is so obvious that a

turnip
like me will let everyone else figure it out for themselves.

That said, it's just obvious that highbit digital will more closely
approximate an analog signal asymptotically as its bitrate

increases.

Why just highbit digital signals, Cal?

Isn't it true that increasing the bitrate doesn't necessarily increase
precision, particularly if the increased bitrate comes from increased
sample rate and the signal being digitized is band-limted?

SACD and DVD-A have never impressed me as much as a few occasions of
listening to either first rate vinyl or 1/2" 30 ips tape on a well

set
up Ampex.

So Cal, how old are you anyway? Offhand I would say that only an
octogenarian would fail to hear the way that vinyl trashes the audio
off a good high speed analog tape.

However the variety of source material on highbit hasn't
been as great yet, and naysayers aren't helping the situation.

That has something to do with the fact that 16/44 can be sonically
transparent in practical use.