Andrew M.

Default Denon vs Yamaha receiver

Your DVD player can probably play CD's too so it's not a problem. I have
a Yamaha receiver with 3 optical and one coax input.

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jason Wong" wrote in message

Have a couple more questions to add to this discussion after perusing
through both operating manuals.

1) The specs for this Denon say 80W per channel, and the Yamaha 75W.
Does this translate into a large difference?

Not at all.

2) Does this Yamaha have no coaxial audio input for DVD? It appears to
only have one for CD, and optical input for DVD only. I wonder if that
makes me screwed because my DVD player has no optical audio output.

Why worry about having two optical players?