Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic

Default Zoom H2 adn bad SDHC card

"hank alrich" wrote in message

Last trip to Austin I stopped in at Fry's to buy another 4GB SDHC card
for the H2. They were out of brands I recognized and I bought a cheap
WinTec card.

It doesn't work. Spikes in the audio will show up somehwat randomly, but
frequently enough that there will be several within a three minute song.

I've given it two chances and that's cost me the board mixes from two
shows.

I'm going to stop in at the Best Buy close to where I'm staying this
trip and pick up another couple of SanDisk cards, which seem to work
perfectly.

Just sharing a heads up. I didn't get what I thought I paid for.

What class are the suspected bad cards? Class is usually a number between 2
and 10 that is in a circle on the front of the card.

I ask this, because I have found that some Class 10 cards can misbehave
badly in equipment that is not designed to exploit them, and some of the
failures I've observed correspond to your comments.

Put a Class 10 card in a piece of equipment that is designed for it, and it
can be a joy to use.