Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Mic recording app w/ full screen meters

wrote:
My sincere apologies for the misunderstanding I created to all who have rea=
d/replied to my post. I use the term "app" in my verbage exclusively to ref=
er to software on mobile platforms, which I did in my post. I know it's not=
limited in definition that way, so I should have been less ambiguous. So s=
orry. To be clear then, it's an ANDROID app I need that will show full-size=
d meters. I imagine many of you thought I was completely mad for asking wha=
t appeared to be an inane question. Oh my.

I have absolutely no idea about android applications. But you can probably
buy a used Panasonic Toughbook for $150 or so on the surplus market, put
Boom Recorder on it, and be a whole lot happier than you would be with any
cellphone recorder. If only because you can easily enter the scene names
without fighting with that stupid pop-up keyboard.