Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Mic recording app w/ full screen meters

On 15/10/2018 5:23 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 10/14/2018 10:39 AM, wrote:
I have looked through several sound recording apps but can't find one
w the feature I need: show a recording signal meter full-screen or
darn close so it can be seen from 10' away.

I haven't seen recent versions of Tracktion, but the old version had a
"Big Meters" setting that should be big enough for you to see. There's a
free version.

https://marketplace.tracktion.com/shop/free-daw

Audacity has fairly big meters, and it's free, too.

https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

There are also several VU meter plug-ins that should work for you. Try
this free one if you already have a program that uses VST plug-ins:

http://www.tb-software.com/TBProAudio/mvmeter.html

I would have thought that most recording apps these days have undockable
and fully resizable meter windows up to full screen - at least on the
Master. Meters for individual inputs might be a bit more tricky though ....

Reaper, Acid, Vegas, do for sure.

geoff