thelizman

Default Physics of bridging an amplifier - was: Damping Material

Nousaine wrote:
thelizman

FWIW; in speaker testing the most common failure mode is melting voice coil
glue. I drive every woofer to its maximum SPL capability using a ramped sine
wave ( a demanding but non-purposfully threatening) that has characteristics
similar to musical programs.

snip
Not saying that it doesn't happen; I'd just like to know more about the
circumstance.

Yeah, in your LAB, where you don't deal with seasonal swings in
temperature and humidity. Woofers should be designed for real world
conditions, not to satisfy lab tests.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.