Don Hills

Default Damping Material Question

In article ,
(Nousaine) wrote:

Bailey's work was with open enclosures.

Indeed, and if you refer to my earlier post you may deduce that I was
referring to transmission line enclosures. I'll concede that the original
thread topic was sealed boxes.

Indeed they were; which probably meant that the highest stuffing density may
have
somehow added mass to the system. Which is why I use 25% as a rule of thumb.

I seem to recall that one theory for the greater than expected reduction of
velocity in a transmission line was due to physical coupling (movement) of
the fibres, but I may be wrong - that's why I want to find the paper.