Bob-Stanton

Default More cable questions!

(Stewart Pinkerton) wrote in message

Indeed yes. Now tell us how you optimise a transmission line between
the sub-ohm source impedance of the amplifier, and the wildly varying
multi-ohm load impedance of the speaker. Sheesh, whatta maroon!

I realise your knowledge of available circuit analysis programs is
somewhat limited. It is not my primary intent to put you down, rather
I writing this to inform.

Some circuit analysis programs can handle the conditions you started
above. With them one can model a circuit using either a voltage source
or a 50 Ohm source, at audio and RF frequenies, with the output
results either in S-parameters or in volts (dB). With these programs
one can use mixed audio and RF components, such as a speaker cable
terminated with a one-port or two-port data model. The only limitation
being that if someone wants to have the results in terms of
S-parameters, there must be both a resistive source (typically 50 or
75 Ohms) and a resistive termination.

Your experience is probably limited to programs (such as SPICE) that
can not handle RF circuits, and RF programs that can not handle audio
circuits.

Bob Stanton