Bob-Stanton

Default More cable questions!

(Stewart Pinkerton) wrote in message

While true, this is irrelevant to the fact that lumped theory is
perfectly adequate for audio frequencies in domestic situations.

Yes, I agree that lumped constant models are perfectly adaquate for
audio frequencies, if one doesn't have the software necessary for
modeling a true transmission line.

BTW, have *you* ever tried modeling a *real* speaker cable using
lumped constants? I'm curious to see what you used as a lumped
constant model. Please show us a model of 100 ft of standard (Home
Depot), 12 gage cable (terminated by an ideal 8 Ohm load).

BTW, have you ever tried modelling a *real* loudspeaker as the load?

Dick Pierce in the past, has presented a lumped constant loudspeaker
model. I'm sure it is adaquate for use as a load.

Bob Stanton