Old October 28th 19, 08:50 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

Default Better bandwidth than USB-2?

> What do you want increased throughput for? For disks, USB3 is a considerable
> performance win.
> --scott

I use synths and samplers, and sometimes monitor a guitar through
a VST effect, etc. That's what the emphasis on latency is all about.
When I can, I use the hardware monitor on the interface.

I just thought that if the hose was pushing water a lot faster (USB3)
then the round trip would be faster. It sounds like you guys are saying
that USB2.0 is fine, and that the latency comes from the CPU.

Tobiah