Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Licensing music in podcast

"Carey Carlan" wrote ...
Forwarding a question asked of me.

What are the licensing requirements for music in podcasts? I assume it
would be similar to broadcast (BMI, ASCAP stuff).

The example given is a church podcasting their service including the
copyrighted anthems.

ASCAP and BMI both had web-casting rates posted online
last time I checked (seems like it was ~ $250/year minimum
per clearinghouse).

Note that a significant % of sacred music may be licencecd
by a third org: SESAC.

Last time I checked CCLI was NOT participating in this arena
except for licensing distribution of physical recordings (cassette,
CD)