Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Vinyl's Comeback - featured NYTimes article

bob wrote:
On Dec 10, 6:42=A0am, "Harry Lavo" wrote:
"Dick Pierce" wrote in message

And in a few years' time, when the NYT decides to write a story about
whether CD is dead yet, she'll be happy to tell that same reporter
that it's not, at least not her her store=97and I bet she doesn't even
mention vinyl.

That doesn't mean anything she says is wrong, and most of what she
says sounds pretty plausible to me. But unbiased? Please.

bob

The NY Times has been reporting the imminent comeback of vinyl since at
least 1994

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/12/08/ar...for-vinyl.html

We need an experiment -- start selling LPs with just CD-sized cover art.
If it's mainly about the sound, sales shouldn't slump much.

;

--
-S
We have it in our power to begin the world over again - Thomas Paine