Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default Vinyl's Comeback - featured NYTimes article

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

I question the logic. The management of a single retail
store or a small retail chain is basically just one
small data point.

Agreed to the single point, but this does happen to be
the largest music retailer in NYC.....not exactly
podunk, Iowa.

Not exactly proof of a trend or even support for such a claim.

You've messed up the attributions; I didn't write what you're replying
to above.

Yes, the largest music retailer in the largest city in
the country.

The largest music retailer in the US is iTunes.

http://gizmodo.com/375816/apple-conf...-with-four-bil
lion-songs-sold

"Apple's just confirmed the morning's news on them being the number one
music retailer in the US."

I have it on good authority that iTunes sells no vinyl. ;-) Something about
it being technically impossible to download LPs...

The largest music store in NYC is the Virgin Music Store on Union Squa

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article...Biggest_Sale_i
n_Music_Retail_History_Starting_Thursday_at_Times_ Square_Store_20090218

The article says that when Virgin closed down their Times Square Store,
their Union Square store became the largest in NTC.

No, it doesn't say that at all. Please check the article.

Therefore your claims about J&R are completely falisifed, and there no
reason to answer any false suppositions based on the idea that J&R are "The
largest music retailer in the US".

I thought that it was clear that we were discussing brick and mortar
stores. And again, it is you made a false claim concerning Virgin.

The present thread is, IMV, a very tired argument.

Of course. I've shown that every once in a while sales of LPs spike up, and
then they settle down again.

Some people would like to buy some LPs.

There is no problem with people liking to buy LPs.

The problem is false suppositions based on false claims.

IIRC, the claim is that LP sales are up. Clearly, they are.

In the view of some
here, that makes them "vinyl bigots".

No, it makes people who base false claims on false data look like they are
very passionate, but also wrong.

Then you shouldn't call people "vinyl bigots" because they like to buy
some LPs. Seems reasonable, doesn't it?