Posted to rec.audio.high-end
bob bob is offline

Default Vinyl's Comeback - featured NYTimes article

On Dec 10, 6:42=A0am, "Harry Lavo" wrote:
"Dick Pierce" wrote in message
Harry Lavo wrote:

J&R sells everything electronic, everything music, everything photo,
everything kitchen, every.....man,

So? How is that relevant?

Because she has no apparent commercial reason to be biased towards vinyl =

and
against other forms of music and machines to retrieve it, which she also
sells.

Oh, come now. A reporter calls her up wanting to write a story about
the vinyl "resurgence." Do you really think she's going to talk about
how much better and more popular CDs are? How does it help J&R's
overall business if she talks the reporter out of doing the story? If
the NYT is going to write about vinyl, she wants to use that as a
platform to promote the impression that J&R is where all the kool kids
go to get theirs.

And in a few years' time, when the NYT decides to write a story about
whether CD is dead yet, she'll be happy to tell that same reporter
that it's not, at least not her her store=97and I bet she doesn't even
mention vinyl.

That doesn't mean anything she says is wrong, and most of what she
says sounds pretty plausible to me. But unbiased? Please.

bob