Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Dick Pierce[_2_] Dick Pierce[_2_] is offline

Default Vinyl's Comeback - featured NYTimes article

Harry Lavo wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

That's a reasonable position, Dick. All I am saying she
is well positioned to judge as opposed to many other of
us. I just found it another in an interesting string of
antecdotes the pickup in this market over the last
five or so years. She struck me as a reasonably
well-positioned source.

I question the logic. The management of a single retail store or a small
retail chain is basically just one small data point.

Agreed to the single point, but this does happen to be the largest music
retailer in NYC.....not exactly podunk, Iowa.

But it's but one data point, and missing data at that.

J&R sells everything electronic, everything music, everything photo,
everything kitchen, every.....man,

So? How is that relevant?

that's a lot of biases!

Yes, it is. Are we to think that people are incapable of holding
more than a small handful of biases and opinions at once? Indeed,
I might even suggest that people are quite capably of not only
holding a multitude of biases simultaneously, but that many of
them may contradict and conflict, as irrational as that may seem.

Certainly is improbably....after all, "Perfect Sound Forever" was supposed
to do in vinyl.

Harry, if you have problems with the "perfect sound forever"
slogan, take it up with the *marketing* genius who came up
with it. The ongoing attempts to lay that at the feet of
the technical people invilved in the medium might feel good,
but such attempts are quite misdirected and, frankly, are
getting very tiring.

It was buried by the press and by engineering types like
yourself....and flowers planted on it. Funny thing happened though. The
ground heaved, and up she came again.....not quite her old self, but living
and breathing. What's not to marvel over/do a story about?

Gee, sounds like a zombie movie to me! Where's my nerf gun
bag of tube socks?

--
+ Dick Pierce |