Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Default Noob Ohm Issue 2 vs 8

bob zee wrote:
FasDeth wrote:

You didn't list the specs for 3-Ch mode..
I'd run 3-Ch mode. If available...
I'd wire each sub for 8-Ohms
Hook both up to the bridged channel for a 4-Ohm load.
Use the 2 stereo channels for the front speakers.

FasDeth

I can't find the specs for the 3-Channel mode. Crunch doesn't want us
to know this info!
:-(

Good idea, though. I just don't have decent speakers up front yet. My
system will be lop-sided for a little while.

Three-channel just means one pair of channels runs bridged, the other pair
doesn't, so you'd get 500W @ 4 ohms for the bridged pair (as per your listed specs:
175W x 4-Ch @ 4-Ohms or
250W x 4-Ch @ 2-Ohms or
500W x 2-Ch @ 4-Ohms Dynamic Music Watts

Specs-wise, wiring the subs that way (500W output) wouldn't be much different
than running them as two ohm, each on its own channel (at 250W each). There MAY
be some performance differences depending on whether the amp handles two-ohm
loads or bridged loads better, but probably nothing significant.