Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default LAME conversion to MP3

On 2/23/2020 10:54 PM, wrote:

To the human ear, the MP3 sounds every bit as clear as the WAV file. I seriously doubt anyone would be able to reliably distinguish between the two.

I would describe it as the MP3 sounds just as unintelligible as the WAV
file. If this recording was made in a controlled situation, it needs
better mic placement. Since apparently the situation is uncontrolled,
what it needs is a good forensic scrubbing with the proper tools and
experience.

Then, the high bit rate MP3 file and WAV file would be equally
intelligible. And if it was a well crafted and well recorded song, the
two file formats would be indistinguishable to most listeners.

--
For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com