Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Sony gets serious about high-resolution audio, again

Scott wrote:
On Friday, September 20, 2013 4:24:56 PM UTC-7, Andrew Haley wrote:

I don't think that vinyl is an audiophile-only product: it's the
trendy kids who like retro-everything who are buying it. The trouble
for SACD is that it doesn't have that market.

True but it is multi-channel and supports fans of multi-channel
remixes of old stereo recordings that were done in multi track. Not
my cup of tea but it is a meaningful market

Hmm, I'm not sure about that any mo recent hi-res multichannel
releases I've bought have been Blu-Ray or DVD.

Andrew.