Pooh Bear

Default Installing second hard drive

Darrell Klein wrote:

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the hard
drive could care less what OS is being run.

You were right !

I have already backed up every file that I can fit on floppys.

Scary thought ! Floppies ? A CD-writer is little more than $30 now !

the BIOS, is there any way I could check?

Yeah. Go into the BIOS, fiddle with the numbers and see what maximum size it
doesn't complain about ! Any half decent PC less than 3-4 yrs old will take big
drives. Later PCs can usually 'flash' the BIOS to upgrade. See manufacturer's
website.

Just remember not to *save* the changes - lol !

Graham