John L Rice

Default Installing second hard drive

I think it's really pretty easy but doing that sort of thing has been at
least occasionally part of my day job for over ten years..

A few questions first :
- what OS are you using
- what hard drive interface and internal or external ( IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB,
Firewire, ect )
- besides your existing hard drive what other drives do you already have
connected ( like CDR, DVD, ZIP drives etc )
- are you planning on replacing the existing hard drive with the new one or
is it going to be a second drive for storage, etc

Also, check out http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/shop.asp for good prices and
service on hard drive and other computer components. I've shopped with them
for years.

Best of luck!

John L Rice

"Darrell Klein" wrote in message
om...
I know this may not be the most computer-focused forum to ask, but
since many r.a.p.ers are musicians-turned recordists who then needed
to become computer savy (as I did): how much of a pain is it to
install a second hard drive? And after installation, what problems may
surface?

I have added memory and installed PCI cards in my household-internet
PC (IBM PII)and on my audio PC (Dell PIII). I have replaced a bad sync
card in an ADAT and I have replaced the battery in a Korg M1 (hey,
don't laugh: that was the hardest of all the things listed). What I
anticipate doing is buying a Maxtor hard drive from the local Gateway
outlet (which has no service department!) and install it in the
household PC (the old drive -- the PC was new in 1998 -- is getting
very funky). If that goes well, I might add a second hard drive for
the audio PC. I have only used that PC for editing, not for tracking,
so I have only one hard drive in it now.

Any experiences to share? Thanks.