Steven Sullivan

Default weakest Link in the Chain

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end

Lawrence Leung wrote:
As a matter of fact, when we compared between copper and silver/copper, we
not only compared the high frequency, we compared the bass as well. Sure,
the copper interconnect gave much more bass than the hybrid, while the
hybrid gave more detail on mid and high range.

Sure enough, yopu'll hear differences when you expect to.

Theortically, it is supposed to be that way, and now, my daugther and I
confirmed it with a blind test. Nothing fancy, just pop into the CD, use
one interconnect, after about 3 minutes, then stop the music, change
another interconnect, and as simple as this, totally difference sound!

Marketing copy is not theory. Theoretically, they should sound the same.

You don't believe it, try it yourself! Still can't tell the difference?
Consult your doctor to have a hearing test... just kidding...

Try it again under bias-controlled conditions. Don't hear the difference
any more? Consult a perceptual psychologist. You'll learn why. No kidding.

--

-S.

"They've got God on their side. All we've got is science and reason."
-- Dawn Hulsey, Talent Director