Richard Kuschel

Default Mic Stands - Starbird vrs. Atlas

In article , Richard
Kuschel wrote:

Another possibility is to look for a used heavy duty AKG stand that was
available in the 80's. Works great for effortlessly suspending a pair
of 87's over a drumkit. Came with a serious counterweight and strong
locking tripod base. Gets up plenty high for studio use as well.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

I believe that they are still available.

Built by K&M

I have a pair of them and trust them for any of my microphones.

Richard H. Kuschel

The heavy duty model they sell now is not the same (or as heavy duty)
as the 80's version, unfortunately. Click "Proline" and then "Overhead"
if you use the following link to see the current product:

http://www.k-m.de/D/Katalog/mikrofon/5index.asp?spr=EN

Since we're talking mic stands, everyone who doesn't should def know
about Black Audio Devices.

http://www.blackaudio.com/

Very nice people and a great source when your stand needs a little tlc.
They also sell a heavy duty stand but it is for getting mics up high,
they do not recommend using a boom with their heavy duty stand.

http://www.blackaudio.com/specord.htm

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

You're Right!

I hadn't been in the search for such a stand, since I already have two of them.

The ones that I have (From 90's) are much heavier, larger knobs, though the
boom may be the same.

Richard H. Kuschel