Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Why is live sound always, always so #^@!%! loud?

muzician21 wrote:
I was at a fundraiser at a bar tonight, and it made me once again
wonder what is this code of live sound in every bar, lounge, honky
tonk everywhere that the music has to be at least 20 db over what's
necessary to cause hearing damage, with bass aimed at gelatinizing
vital organs?

I must have hearing far more sensitive than the average person, I
*can't* go into one of these places without wearing earplugs or some
homemade facsimile - rolled up toilet paper or the like.

Don't do that ! I had to go to the A+E to have a rolled up bus ticket
removed once !

geoff