Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Opinions on phono cartridges......

"Sonnova" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 06:51:05 -0700, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

"Sonnova" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 16:14:17 -0700, MOSFET wrote

It MUST be under $100, preferably under $50.

Sorry. There's nothing decent in that price range.

Sure there is - the Shure M97Xe.

Yeccchhh! If you think those are decent, then I begin to understand your
bias
against vinyl records. If I listened to records with a cartridge like
that,
I'd probably hate records too.

Sue me for not being prejudiced against hhigh performance equipment just
because it lacks a 3 or 4 digit price tag. I''ve heard many high end
cartridges that people worship, and very much of what they idolize
disappears in a blind test.