Techmeister

Default Suggestions on what cable to use inside a console.

One of those rare time i will disagree with you Mike.

I love the sound of the Mogami (and I sell both, as well as canare) but i HATE
working with it. the cable is too soft, you HAVE to heatshrink it on most critical
installs or anything that moves.. It strips badly and melts easily. In large
multipins it is a total pain in the but.

Gepco makes an 8451 class wire (see prior answer) at a West Penn price AND a
high-res version, ALMOST as good as Mogami but cheaper and way easier to use.

NOW, all that said: when I run MIC LINES or LONG TIE LINES. I always suggest Mogami
or Canare, as they are noticeably better sounding on lower levels and longer runs.

Techmeister

aka David Butler

In article znr1059665844k@trad, (Mike Rivers) wrote:

In article
writes:

I need two conductor shielded cable for wiring inside my console and
to patchbays.

Mogami 2944. It's thin, easy to solder, and it's even called "console
cable."

just afraid I'd pick the one where the insulation melts away while
soldering for two seconds, leaving the signal wire shorted to the
shield.

Any PVC insulation will melt if you heat it too much, and you probably
don't want to pay for Teflon. But that Mogami stuff takes solder so
easily that melted insulation is never a problem. And there's a drain
wire, so you don't have to twist the shield into a third lead that's
fatter than the others.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )

--