Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default Design for a small tube/valve mixer

"Iain Churches" wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message

Excellent John.

How is the monitoring handled?

I simply have a stereo headphone amplifier with an additional gain
control connected to the output of the line amplifier, I thought this
was all the OP wanted?

I wonder if this will be sufficient, although an addition buss does
add to the complexity.

Do you have pre and post fade insert points? These
are vital if the user wants to patch in an aux equaliser.

There are no insert points at all in my mixer design, I didn't think the
OP wanted those sorts of complications?

I was just thinking ahead. He may not want them now, but
experience tells me that it will not be long before he wants
to patch some extermal EQ or processor (even a simple limiter)
into a single channel or across the output mix buss.

A simple mixer, if it is to be of any practical use, is not
actually terribly simple.

Iain