Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Greg Wormald Greg Wormald is offline

Default TV - Speaker proximity

On Dec 26, 12:03 pm, speedo wrote:
Having always heeded those warnings not to place my LFT-3 dynamic
planar speakers anywhere near a TV set, I now wonder:
Does this apply to my new [Samsung] HD flat panel LCD TV?

I depends on whether you want to listen or watch!!!
I always avoided having my stereo speakers sandwich my TV because it
disturbed the stereo image, not because it disturbed the TV image.

In the end it's up to you. I'd guess that a flat panel TV is both less
disturbed by, and less disturbing to, stereo speakers. Try it and see.

Greg