Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob H. Bob H. is offline

Default On the origin and workings of "Fast" Power supplies

Bob H. wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

2000uf polypropylene btw ?

Graham

MY Harmon Kardon uses a 100uf cap, and it's the only one in the signal
chain. Since it's my only SS amp, it's what I'm familiar with. And I
will be replacing them with at least Silmacs, and probably foil caps
when I get around to it.

Actually, I think it's 1000uf, and yes it's the coupling cap to the
speakers. I remember a factor of 10. I'll check the schematic again
when I get home. But how about 1 or 2kuf silmac or similar, bypassed
by a 100 or 50uf film?

Does anyone build low voltage foil caps? (lower than speaker caps).
They could be wound with thinner film, for smaller size, and for SS,
much lower voltages are needed.

Bob H.