Michael

I can't tell the difference between DVD-A and SACD, BUT I can tell a
heck of a difference between red book CD and the other two. So I don't
really care which one survives so long as it is SACD (because I just
bought an SACD deck). I used an LP for comparison.

paul packer wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:30:29 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

BTW the death of SACD. Companies like Sony rarely just
up and dump formats. No doubt their business plan will be
something like coming up with a sequel to SACD based on
their Blu-Ray technology, and then phasing that in as a
replacement for SACD. That way nobody in top management has
to admit that they made a billions-dollar mistake.

Of course, one of the problems of believing that everything sounds
pretty much the same is it makes improved formats redundant before
they're even introduced, since of course there's nothing to improve.
But tell me, out of curiousity, have you seriously listened to SACD or
DVD-A, and if so what was your impression? This is not a trick
question.

And BTW, I haven't listened to either.