Stewart Pinkerton

On 4 Oct 2005 02:18:51 GMT, "Harry Lavo" wrote:

And what do you suppose your (and other objectivists') reaction would be to
Einstein's theory that time is relative? I can hear it now...dummy, just
look at the clock. What are you talking about? We *know* that we can
measure time in practical, useful, meaningful ways..its called a
clock....and we use it every day to solve problems...like what time is
dinner tonight? Therefore, you have nothing to offer but sheer speculation!
Go 'way! (And besides, you are not a scientist, you are a
mathematician...horrors.)

Actually no. You listen to what he said, and cry "nonsense, where's
your *evidence*?" Then you examine his evidence, look at what his
theory predicts, and observe that the prediction holds true. That's
the difference, Harry - your claims have no *evidence* to back them.