Chris Hornbeck

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:27:09 -0400, Jon Yaeger
wrote:

I plan to use indirectly heated cathodes (e.g.
6AX5GT). Would that change the resistor requirements?

Well, it's just a matter of conservative engineering,
and is independent of the devices. You'd want to
make the same provisions paralleling *any* devices,
and in any application.

My only (poorly) expressed exception might be for
exotic valve rectifiers, like thoriated-tungsten
filaments and such. The trouble with Usenet is the
inability to properly weight "footnote" comments.

Anyhoo, fear not. 'S all good.

And, FWIW, in conservative useage, the equalizing
resistors are often skipped. Not that big a biggie.
IIRC, the cost-more-than-my-house Ongaku didn't
bother.

Good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck