Roger W. Norman

Well, I can't believe I've gotten only a couple of responses, mostly from
people that know me, but I'm now going to try to get in touch with
authorities to get a family here to offer them shelter. New Orleans is
going to burn to the waterline. My wife and I are going to step forward,
and I hope that some of you will follow suit.

I'll keep you appraised.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message
that no one has questions about our compadres in New Orleans who obviously
have to be missing on the forum. During tornadoes in Nashville, through

the
9/11 attacks, people here have been aware of what's happening to others
around the nation and have responded with concern. Yet I find nothing

here
and we know for a fact that there are those who may need help and not a
single note of concern.

If anyone knows of any of our RAP contributors that needs a place to live
for the next four months or whatever (my true guess is 18 months), whilst
this nation works towards some solution to this problem, I volunteer my
home, even at the expense of my wife becoming incensed about the
possibility. I don't know how anyone would get here, since I live just
outside of DC, but I have no doubts that people who are in such dire
straights cannot go about setting their lives straight without the
deliberate help of others to offer these people a place to start to

recover.
It is impossible for anyone to get a job and start to try to recover from
such a tragedy in a shelter such as the Astrodome. It is impossible for
anyone to qualm the fears of their children without stability in their
surroundings. It will be impossible for the nightmares to end without

each
and every one of us doing what we can do.

This is one of those times where a CD compilation won't do the job. No
money, however much it could possibly be, will accomplish the goals
necessary. We have to come to a much more human offering, that being a

life
to those that now have nothing with which to call a life. I have no clue

as
to how my wife and I could accomplish more than an offering of space to

live
as limited as that would be, some level of identity for them, and a

severly
restricted food supply (we'd have to have less, but they would have more),
but today I heard a woman calling from the Convention Center in N.O. and

it
was her second time calling CNN. The first time there were 8 bodies in

the
refrigerators. 4 hours later there were 12.

How can we help? Certainly money doesn't do the job, for there are no
places for these people to live, no jobs to go to, no abilities for them

gain medical attention, and nothing to say that people care. The only
option would be to offer our help in the only way we can. Give people a
place to live so they can try to recover.

I know my wife will kill me for offering, although I see the horror in her
eyes. Then again it means room for one more. I'll be glad to give up my
studio for 18 months if that's what it takes.

Can anyone imagine what toll it would take if New York had to be

evacuated?