Carey Carlan

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

Last week at the Home Entertainment Show in New York Arny Krueger
participated in a panel discussion with John Atkinson, editor of
Stereophile magazine. Arny is well known for his support for the
scientific method to test what is audible and what is not.

The scientific method is not foolproof. Simply removing certain
obvious forms of bias does not mean the test results are accurate or
are correlated to what we "actually" hear when we sit down to listen.

Absolutely correct. The scientific method systematically proves or
disproves a single fact at a time within the limits of the control factors.
It cannot be extended to say that no remaining untested factors exist.

I will put my faith in those facts proven by this method, and leave the
rest to wallow in the "snake oil" category.