Bob Savage

wrote in message ...
There must be more to this story, right? It just seems strange that a

Chinese
company would *independently* clone such a niche product. Popular

consumer
products, yes, but these are not even normal mics, they have an unusual
appearance. I'm inclined to believe it is some kind of "inside" job, but
noone is admitting to it, right? Like perhaps someone is getting extra

casing
from the Russian factory and inserting Chinese electronics/caps in them?

It's certainly quite odd, and it does seem there must be more to the story.
Now I'm sitting here with a $200 (plus or minus $50) budget, and needing
some decent overhead micas. If I can't find a couple Octava's, I may end up
with the Studio Projects C4's, or look into the AT 2020's that TY
recommended.

--
http://www.bobsavage.net