Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:14:40 GMT, "IAN IVESON"
wrote:

I'm not happy with the term "slew rate limiting", BTW, and wish I
hadn't mentioned it. I see amps with quoted slew rates of so many
volts per microsecond. What does that mean? No mention of amplitude,
so are they just talking about upper frequency limit? Or do they
mean at full power? Perhaps, since the effect depends not just on
slew rate, but also slew magnitude, it should be called "slew slew
rate limiting".

Slew rate limiting is only of relevance at full power. There is no
such thing as 'slew magnitude', the slew rate simply determines the
frequency at which a full-power sinewave will begin to triangulate, it
has no other relevance.