bud

Default Pioneer DV563A - SACD ?

"Kalman Rubinson" wrote

Remarkable. I am surprised you got anything out the digital output
with non-hybrid SACD. Which one was it?

Why is that?

I've been able to output an optical signal with non hybrid SACD's from day
one. Usually I'll select the multi channel in for listening to SACD's but if
I change the input on the receiver to digital, I still have access to the
two channel audio.

My theory is that the dvd player is converting the SACD layer to 96/24, then
passing it through the digital output, to the receiver.

To be quite honest, I can't hear a difference between the analog or digital
signal when listening to two channel SACD's.